Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, July 14, 2014

Economy Blocks

I have recently been making up some fun economy blocks. I have not decided what I am going to do with them all yet, but am leaning towards making an I spy quilt with them.





 This is my first try at any kind of paper piecing. I really loved the process of it, once I figured it out. These were very addictive and there are so many possibilities.



I love the little frogs! They are my favorite, probably because I collect them.

Here are a couple others that I made.
Little fishing frogs.


Big Frog, Little Frog



I don't usually have a lot of fussy cut friendly fabrics on hand, I will definitely need to add to my stash because these were just to fun to make.

If you are looking for some fussy cut friendly fabrics might I suggest checking out Lark Cottons. They have several fussy cut friendly fabrics on their site. Here are just a few that I found:









I think these cows and other farm animals would be really cute for a farm theme.




Park and Moo by Alexander Henry


Farmyard Fresh by October Afternoon
I think these fresh fruits would make really cute economy blocks.

To Market To Market-Red Apples by Robert Kaufman


And let's not forget the birds and the bees, or bugs...




Cardinal's and Yellow Lady bugs- by Charley Harper



Wee Wander Glow Friends - by Sarah Jane



I think these would be really cute for an I spy quilt! You can find all of these and more at Lark Cottons.

I would love to see your I spy economy blocks!

Happy quilting.

 
Linking up with Stitch by Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Thank your for taking the time to leave a comment.

I respond to all comments, so if you are a no-reply blogger, make sure to leave your email address in your comment.